Tuesday, September 23, 2014

June 2014









https://www.flickr.com/photos/paullight/14042945367

This Month's Photograph
I took this photograph with an iPhone while standing in water in Acadia National Park in Maine. I have been making photographs in Acadia for many years. I like the perspective that results from standing in the water. Perspective is more important to me than subject matter---and where I choose to stand has the greatest effect on perspective.

iPhone As Primary Camera
The first time I heard a professional photographer call her iPhone her primary camera, I thought this was a very strange statement. I had never thought of my phone as a real camera. Over the past two years I have found myself using my camera phone more and more frequently. I have also made a series of 13"x 19" prints using my iPhone along with the Autostitch mobile app. The image quality appears to be about the same as a point-and-shoot camera. I can boost the clarity by attaching  the camera to a tripod using a Glif.

Notable Websites

Digital Photography Review

One of the great advantages of having multiple lenses is that you have greater control of perspective. However, not all lenses of equal quality. Determining if you're buying a suitable lens can be difficult. Fortunately this website does the necessary testing and publishes the results free of charge.

Sohei Nishino

Lots of people are interested in travel photography but very few people can create photographs that look like Sohei Nishino's. He refers to his photographs as diorama maps. Nishino describes his collage method as follows: "Walking around the chosen city on foot; shooting from various locations with film; pasting and arranging with enormous mound of pieces."








No comments:

Post a Comment