Thursday, January 7, 2016

November 2015









 
 
This Month's Photograph
 
New York's skyscrapers have been magical to me since I was a child. For the past three years I have been photographing the space around the High Line. There is lots of construction going on in that area. Using the panoramic format I am able to create a majestic horizontal view of this section of the New York skyline that is very different than what I would get with a traditional wide angle lens.

As I shoot the panoramic, I can only see it as several vertical sections, which are stitched together once I put the files on the computer. With practice, I am able to imagine roughly what it will look like, but never know with certainty until it is assembled on the computer. I like the surprise of not knowing exactly what I have at the time of exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment