Thursday, June 11, 2015

May 2015









This Month's Photograph

As a child, I never understood why people made photographs, since they just looked like a record of what you could see with your eyes. I was more interested in creating images that looked different. During a visit to Times Square, my parents bought me a small novelty camera that produced circular photographs, which I thought would allow me to create unique images. However, I never actually got to see any of the circular photographs I shot, since the camera had an unfortunate voyage through a washing machine with my first roll of film. Unfortunately, my parents were unable to replace the camera. As a result, making circular photographs become one of my first objectives when I began to pursue photography as an adult. I like circular photographs, because they offer a deep, dreamlike perspective. 

This photograph was shot in Acadia National Park in Maine, a place where I take photographs for at least a few days every summer.

More of my circular photographs can be seen at:

No comments:

Post a Comment